Darko Milicic informed reporters today that unlike Doc Rivers he was not a big fan of the Celtics preseason travel:
“We had to stop in [expletive] Iceland to refuel. That was terrible,” said Milicic. “I mean, especially that I came from there. I lived there, so I came from there five or six days before, and then came back again. Switched those time zones two times, I mean, I don’t even know what is day or night, or what day, what year. I mean, we’re all tired, but especially me, kind of changing the time zones and coming back again. But, I’m adjusting right now.”
I’ll admit I wasn’t a fan of the Darko signing but his preseason so far is changing my mind. The absolute worst-case scenario seems to be that we’ll be treated to hilarious quotes like these for the rest of the season, but if his on-court play so far is any indication, he might actually be a worthwhile contributor there as well. Even if Darko does turn out to be as terrible as some of my colleagues believe, at least he’ll be comedy gold.
- Darko Milicic flying to Boston to negotiate with Celtics, according to report
- Manna from hell: Darko Milicic should not intrigue the Boston Celtics
- King of the Court podcast, episode 9 live at 9 p.m. tonight: Darko Milicic, people
- Will Darko outplay Shaq next season?
- A. Sherrod Blakely: Darko “Will Be Joining C’s”