Chris Wilcox’s return to the court could be coming soon after he missed all of the Boston Celtics’ preseason games with back spasms. (Boston Herald)
Chris Wilcox didn’t play again, but he is getting closer to a return after sitting out nearly all the preseason with lingering back spasms.
“I’m going to practice this week and see what’s going on,” Wilcox said.
Since Wilcox has been injured, nobody has really discussed how important he could be to this team. Before undergoing season-ending heart surgery last season, Wilcox was damn good. Obviously he has conditioning issues (which are natural after missing so much time), but if he returns to form he could really help Boston’s frontcourt.
- Chris Wilcox will undergo testing for back, could have MRI
- Chris Wilcox heart surgery scheduled for March 29; full press release
- Chris Wilcox recovery going well, planning return to NBA (and maybe Celtics) next season
- Chris Wilcox heart issue? Center undergoing additional cardiac testing
- Chris Wilcox out for season with heart issue