“How did it feel to get back out there?” “Good.”
“Was the adrenaline pumping?” “No.”
And just like that, after a two game suspension-induced hiatus Rondo was back. And not the fun-loving red-rotary-phone-fetching Rajon from this summer (obligatory link). No this is the surly, brooding Rondo we’ve all come to know and love. Rondo’s answers were often brief, and sometimes they didn’t answer the question at all (“How much easier is the game when you establish Garnett early?” “He played well.”).
Rondo’s been pretty uptight with the media since he returned from his suspension, and given the way he was portrayed following the incident it’s tough to blame him. But we all know that if Rondo was this cranky all the time his teammates wouldn’t enjoy playing with him so much. Doc Rivers offered a few comments on Rondo’s off-camera personality to ESPN Boston:
“Rondo with his teammates, he never shuts up,” said Rivers. “He’s loud, they laugh, they argue all the time — sports arguments are what you’d call them, debates where they are laughing. He has a very good personality, then he has the personality that you see as well. He has both of those.”
You can check out the rest of the Rondo quotes at WEEI.
Follow Jordan on Twitter: @OffensiveG
- Maintenance: Changing our comments settings
- Rajon Rondo trade rumors: Boston Celtics reportedly ‘listening to offers,’ not dumping Rondo
- Rajon Rondo likely to return tonight against New York Knicks
- Rondo will play tonight; Shaq won’t
- Rajon Rondo trade rumors: Rondo being ‘aggressively’ shopped, Stephen Curry could be target, according to ESPN