Paul Pierce– the ultimate philanthropist. Pierce had his best game of the season against the Cavaliers last night, draping a casual 40, yet he said it was actually more indicative of his giving mentality than his scoring prowess. After the Celtics small forward hit most of his of his shots (my personal favorite is the half spin around the 4:00 mark in the video above), he said it was all for the benefit of the man tasked with defending him most of the the night: Alonzo Gee.
Gee had this to say after the game (via cleveland.com)
“I actually was trying to talk to him,” Gee said, “but it wasn’t working”… ”I was like, ‘Man calm down a little bit,’” Gee said with a smile. “He said, ‘I’m just trying to make you better.’”
Good to see Pierce in the giving holiday spirit, the NBA cares campaign would be proud.
- Celtics 94, Bobcats 84: Paul Pierce passes Larry Bird on Celtics scoring list
- Video: Paul Pierce video tribute after passing Larry Bird on Celtics scoring list
- On Paul Pierce’s accomplishment, passing Larry Bird on the Boston Celtics all-time scoring list
- Paul Pierce ready for Lebron James
- Highlight Reel: Kobe Bryant scoring 43 points in high school game