After two consecutive wins against tough Eastern Conference opponents, Celtics fans are feeling confident. And although prudence would dictate that we moderate our excitement, Bradley’s return and the subsequent improvement to both the defense and the starting lineup all make it increasingly difficult to stay measured. And frankly, it’s a whole lot of fun.
Jason Terry isn’t helping the cause of moderation, which isn’t really a surprise given his brash pre-season tattoo work. After beating the Hawks, Terry said Boston is starting to find the defensive (and thus offensive) formula for success that made him want to be a Celtic.
“We have our recipe for success and that’s defensively getting up and into people and being aggressive. You seen in the first half, they were running their offense very easily, they were taking rhythm shots. That how we’ve been losing. But when we win, it’s because we get up and into you, and we get into transition and run our offense smoothly. That’s what I envisioned when I became a Celtic is these types of ball games. That was their identity. It’s a process, and we know that, but we have the formula, and we’re trying to get it done.”
Basically, Terry is saying what we all noticed against Indiana and Atlanta. But apparently, there is a formula for the success. This is a revelation for me, as you probably could have guessed if you have read any of my posts so far this season. Some possible formulas Terry could be referring to (where ??? represents the “process”)
- Avery Bradley+Boston Celtics+???=WINZZ!
- Offensive rebounds (28 in the past two games)+Decent defense+???=WINZZ!
- Boston Celtics(Starting lineup-Jason Collins+Brandon Bass)+Bradley+???=WINZZ!
- Boston Celtics(Starting lineup-Jason Collins+Jared Sullinger)+Bradley+???=POTENTIAL WINZZ!
- Rajon Rondo(Triple-double+14 points)+KG(58.3 FG%+33 minutes)+???=WINZZ!
- Courtney Lee(Improvement x .0000001)+Celtics bench+???=WINZZ!
- Jared Sullinger=WINZZ!
Just a few suggestions. I encourage you to add your own.
Follow Tom on Twitter: @Tom_NBA.
- Video: Jason Terry thrilled to play with Boston Celtics, seems awesome
- Jason Terry isn’t Ray Allen, and he’s not trying to be
- Jason Terry says he’ll give Dallas one last shot, still expects to sign with Boston Celtics
- Jason Terry makes his REAL Boston Celtics debut
- On the Jason Terry signing: Another old, talented Boston Celtic