The Celtics, according to Marc Stein of ESPN, are interested in persuing J.J. Redick who currently plays for the Orlando Magic.
Reasons this makes sense:
- Boston has been longing for the floor spacing Allen provided since he left for Miami (I just went out there and said his name, I think it is time to start the healing process).
- He is under a reasonable salary and has been playing well.
Reasons this doesn’t make sense:
- He is one of the only good things the Magic have going for them, why would they trade him when they are trying to rebuild?
- The Celtics already have shoot guards, their real need is in the front court.
J.J. Redick is averaging a career high in points per game (14.9) and assists per game (4.4) and could be a huge addition to the Celtics. That being said, the Magic know that and it might be difficult to pry him loose.
Here was my first attempt using the 3-team implications Stein alluded to, but speaking frankly I don’t know if the Magic or Nuggets say yes to that. Happy trade machining.
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013: Leandro Barbosa has reportedly asked the Boston Celtics to trade or release him
- Courtney Lee Trade: Boston Celtics Send JaJuan Johnson, E’Twaun Moore, And Sean Williams To The Houston Rockets Via Sign-And-Trade
- Courtney Lee Trade: Boston Celtics, Houston Rockets Sign-And-Trade Falling Apart?
- David West close with Indiana Pacers, not Boston Celtics
- Jason Terry deal with Boston Celtics likely for 3 years, but he might let Mavericks match