From WEEI’s Ben Rohrbach:
Yes, I’m aware that Pierce wouldn’t flat out tell the media if he wanted to be traded. But I’m operating under the non-cynical assumption (which is unusual for me) that Pierce is being candid about his desire to stay with the team.
As a writer, someone who tries to keep as open and balanced an opinion as possible, I recognize that this will do nothing to stem the tidal wave of trade speculation crushing the internet right now. But as a fan? Assuming Paul Pierce is telling Danny Ainge the same thing, this means I would not support any deal that ships Pierce out of town.
Unfortunately, none of us have any ACTUAL say in the matter (unless Ainge himself is reading this, in which case what’s up man!), so my opinion means next to nothing. But if Pierce wants to stay put, I want the Celtics to keep him.
Follow Tom on Twitter: @Tom_NBA.
- Ainge: I think Paul Pierce wants to stay a Celtic
- Paul Pierce addresses trade rumors, wants to retire with Boston Celtics
- Kevin Garnett says he will retire as a Celtic, whenever he chooses to retire
- Mike Gorman believes Paul Pierce will forever remain a Boston Celtic
- Paul Pierce trade rumors: Danny Ainge offered Pierce to Portland Trail Blazers