Boston Celtics trade rumors 2013: Los Angeles Clippers calling about Kevin Garnett; Eric Bledsoe part of offer
Obviously, any team can inquire about any player (“Hey Pat Riley, we’d like to inquire about the availability of LeBron James in exchange for Jason Terry?”), so this simply means that the Clippers are interested. There is also plenty of reason to believe that KG wouldn’t be willing to waive his no-trade clause.
But if KG WAS going to waive his clause, the Clippers would make a lot of sense for him as a destination. His minutes would be limited comfortably, surrounded by talented bigs and younger players, and his defensive skill and intensity would push Los Angeles even further into title contention.
As for the Celtics? This would be a move toward the future. They would acquire the point guard they need in Eric Bledsoe, but it’s hard to imagine Boston being competitive in the playoffs without their defensive anchor.
Bottom line: This might be a move Boston considers if things go south, but if they continue to win with the current lineup, it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to break it up.
Follow Tom on Twitter: @Tom_NBA.
- Trade Rumors 2013: Boston Celtics reportedly interested in J.J. Redick
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013: Leandro Barbosa has reportedly asked the Boston Celtics to trade or release him
- Boston’s Reckoning: Los Angeles Clippers smash Boston Celtics 106-77
- Chris Kaman reappears in Boston Celtics trade rumors
- Rajon Rondo trade rumors: Is Dwight Howard part of the Boston Celtics’ Chris Paul plan?