Kevin Garnett scored his 25,000th career point in the second quarter last night (you may have heard), so immediately we knew two things.
- Reporters were going to be interested in what he had to say post-game and
- He was going to be a great interview because, you know, KG.
Sure enough, both things were true. Here’s the video of KG’s post-game interviews after blowing out the Lakers from Mike Petraglia. The money quotes are at the end (from 4:17 on).
So much good stuff, so let’s break this up:
- Garnett’s Rondo analogy is pretty perfect, and it really does help to explain how the Celtics could be playing better without being a better team. Confirming what many of us have suspected for quite some time, KG says that the Celtics rely on Rondo too much, and it breaks up their offensive flow.
- It’s funny that Garnett says “If it’s up to me” in reference to trade rumors because, well, it totally is up to him. He wields the no-trade clause, and he gets to decide whether or not he leaves the organization if Boston wants to trade him. So, if Garnett is to be believed, he will definitely finish his career in a Celtics uniform. GOOD.
- Fun fact: The last time KG actually stopped moving was 1987.
- If you skipped ahead in the video to watch the ending, skip back to 1:53 to hear Garnett be thankful for snow days.
Great quotes from a great player after a great game. Enjoy.
Follow Tom on Twitter: @Tom_NBA.
- Kevin Garnett wants to retire, whenever his body tells him to, as a Celtic
- Kevin Garnett says he will retire as a Celtic, whenever he chooses to retire
- Kevin Garnett tells WEEI he’ll retire as a Celtic
- Paul Pierce: ‘I want to retire as a Celtic’
- Kevin Garnett extra-motivated because he might retire following this season, according to report