No surprise here, Courtney Lee has been discussed in trade rumors in exchange for a big man to bolster the Celtics frontcourt (via Sulia)
The Grizzlies are far enough under the luxury tax that they’re willing to utilize at least part of their $7.5 million trade exception to add some perimeter help. Acquiring SG Courtney Lee, who Boston would consider flipping for some frontline help, was discussed but the Celtics aren’t looking just to drop salary but add size.
Courtney Lee was talked about in great lengths in the beginning of the season, as he continued to underwhelm and fail to fit all the lofty expectations established by Celtic Nation over the course of the offseason. Lee has since stepped up his play, joining Bradley in a starting backcourt that is simply a joy to watch with its defensive intensity and offensive pace. This has increased Lee’s stock, but also made him less expendable as the Celtics just won their sixth straight.
Perhaps Boston will be ‘buyers’ for the next two weeks heading into the trade deadline, as their recent play, and comments from Pierce and Garnett still imply a fierce loyalty to Boston. Perhaps Danny Ainge will make a couple of small moves to put a competitive team out on the TD Garden floor every night, and Garnett and Pierce can ride off together into the Boston Sunset…
In other news, does Chris Wallace (the Memphis Grizzlies general manager) ever sleep?
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013: Leandro Barbosa has reportedly asked the Boston Celtics to trade or release him
- Trade Rumors 2013: Boston Celtics reportedly interested in J.J. Redick
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013: Kevin Garnett would utilize no-trade clause if Boston struck deal with Denver for KG
- NBA trade rumors: Ainge says ’50-50′ whether Celtics make a deal by NBA trade deadline
- Boston Celtics trade rumors 2013: Los Angeles Clippers calling about Kevin Garnett; Eric Bledsoe part of offer