Chris Broussard was unconvinced.
But Sam Amico’s sources told him the same thing and added to it.
So really, we know everything (in that we know all of the truth, rumors, lies, spin etc.) and we know nothing (in that we don’t know which is which). Once again, even though we all know this by now, it’s worth pointing out once more that KG has a no-trade clause, so he can say no to any deal he doesn’t like. People have made the case that he might want to chase one more ring with the Clippers, but I’m not altogether convinced that he wouldn’t rather lose in the first round in Boston. Maybe I’m naive, but that seems more like his personality.
As for the Pierce rumors? We can’t possibly know how to evaluate them, although it’s possible that, after Pierce’s recent success, Ainge is just testing the water to see what’s available.
If the deals go through, it’s hard to imagine Celtics fans reacting well to the news that a team that just beat Miami, both LA teams, Denver and Chicago and has won seven of their last eight is being broken up. But we will have to wait and see.
Just five more days until the trade deadline.
Follow Tom on Twitter: @Tom_NBA.
- Boston Celtics trade rumors 2013: Los Angeles Clippers calling about Kevin Garnett; Eric Bledsoe part of offer
- Kevin Garnett will only waive no-trade clause if Paul Pierce is traded also
- Trade Rumors 2013: Boston Celtics reportedly interested in J.J. Redick
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013: Leandro Barbosa has reportedly asked the Boston Celtics to trade or release him
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013: Kevin Garnett would utilize no-trade clause if Boston struck deal with Denver for KG