Every once in a while, I link to a few articles from other writers around the internet. You know, I throw some dimes.
- Basketbawful makes the claim that Antoine Walker, who won a ring with the Heat, is one of the worst NBA champions ever. I was prepared to argue the case, but then Basketbawful pulled out this stat: “Those two things — inefficient O, shaky D — were recurring trends for Walker, who never once finished a season with a better Offensive Rating than Defensive Rating. In fact, his finished his career with an O-Rating of 97 and a D-Rating of 105. That’s right: ‘Toine was worth -8 points per 100 possessions over his career.” Damn. If ‘Toine was really THAT bad, doesn’t that make what Paul Pierce accomplished in those years even more special? He already dragged Eric Williams, Tony Battie and Kenny Anderson to the Conference Finals. Now Antoine might have been dead weight too?
- Another day, another columnist tearing Shaq apart for his Mo Williams comments. This time, it’s Cleveland columnist Bud Shaw.
- Nate Robinson’s jersey is going to be retired by his high school, Rainer Beach. Surprisingly, Nate only averaged 17.9 points per game in his senior year.
- Kendrick Perkins actually has a solid highlight tape.
- Wow. People really painted a swastika on an Omri Casspi mural? That’s as bad as it gets. Some people need to grow up.
- I’m falling in love with the Turkish national team and the way they play basketball. I’m not falling in love with Semih Erden, who largely does nothing. But the real concern is, what in the world is Hedo Turkoglu doing at the beginning of this clip?
Got a tip? An article you think should be included? Send an email to email@example.com or hit me up on Twitter @CelticsTown.