(Rule number one of the road: Get off the tracks when the train is coming through.)
There’s stupid, there’s REALLY, REALLY STUPID, and then there’s Richard Jefferson opting out of a guaranteed $15 million next season.
Here are a few things Jefferson could have done that would have been smarter than opting out:
- Fight DJ Mbenga in the Octagon.
- Invest in BP… after pledging to spend three hours swimming in the oil spill.
- Tell David Stern his mother looks like a heifer.
- Start a male modeling agency… and then hire Sam Cassell as its star.
- Challenge James White to a dunk contest… for $20 million.
- Kidnap Jack Bauer.
- Invest the entirety of his NBA career earnings… with Bernard Madoff.
- Marry Khloe Kardashian. Wait, she’s taken?
- Hire Antoine Walker as a financial advisor.
- Try to go to sleep while Stephen A. Smith is “talking” in the same room.
Anything else I’m missing that would have been smarter for Jefferson than opting out?
P.S. – As I wrote this post, Richard Jefferson just opted out of a free lap dance from Jessica Biel.